04 December, 2008

Legendary

Rage against the machine

"In reality, I'm going to be who I be...and I don't feel no faults...for all the lies that you bought..."

Jill Scott - Hate On Me



Kobe Bryant is in my mind, and opinion the best basketball player of this time and era. The things he can do, and has done within the borders of the game is mind-boggling.

I’m in the midst of my yearly east coast Kobe trek as I always follow the Lakers whenever they play in Philadelphia, DC, Newark, and NYC. Last night I covered the game against the 76ers in which Kobe had a very nice homecoming, scoring 32 points, while assisting his team toward a win. He was interviewed directly afterward by KCAL 9…I proceeded to make my way onto the court, to get Kobe’s attention, as I needed to speak with him about the story I’m writing…once he was finished with the KCAL 9 anchor, I said, “what up Kolb?” He turned and shook my hand and pulled me in for a bear hug. After catching up for a minute, he commented on how nice my suit was, and walked into the locker room.

After about 10 minutes I made my way to the visitor’s locker and who did I see…none other than Sonny Hill, and Earl “The Pearl” Monroe. To simplify that, they are what are known as Philadelphia basketball royalty, and they came to show their respect for Kobe. That in itself is an amazing thing to witness.

Tonight I’m headed “home” to DC to catch up with Kobe and the Lake Show on Friday, and it’s moments when I cover the Lakers games that make my job not only worth while, it makes it priceless.

P.S. - If you click on this KCAL 9 link and watch the post game interview with Kobe Bryant...you will see he and I at the end of the clip. And last but not least, I had some Spanish rice after the game, and everyone knows how much I love comida latina, well at least you do now.

Peace.



The Most Known Unknown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right! Nothing like some spanish food!

Chris Cason said...

I had a feeling when watching the game, that you were in attendance. Kobe didn't disappoint either with that performance.

Unknown said...

Oh no doubt Christopher, I always try to make sure I see Kobe play in Philly, as well as DC, but more on that a little later.

Mr Bru Cru said...

I was mad that I asked you if you were at the game while you were at the game...hahaha that totally rubbed it in. Nice suit by the way..haha. Well written, Kobe not only in your mind, but a lot of other people's too....When you come to NY...Spanish food on me.

Unknown said...

No doubt, it's all good Mr Bru Cru, and I'll be sure to call when I get up to NYC.