29 November, 2009

Honor Roll

Joy

"I can never get enough of it..."

Prodigy - Quiet Storm (Remix)

Last week I covered the 76ers versus Grizzlies game, and what I saw was the culmination of hard work, and maturity.

Complete

Memphis was in search of their first road win, and whenever Rudy Gay plays in Philadelphia, his family in Maryland usually make the trip north, as they did on this night...and naturally Rudy didn't disappoint.

His line read like an Excel spreadsheet with a season high in points...33, along with 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals, on 14-22 shooting from the field. I arrived to the game a little late so I spoke with Rudy afterward and he expressed his feelings of making the best of every situation. I wish that his team had more publicity or even a nationally televised game or 2, so that everyone else could see the beauty of his game.

I consider him a good friend so most of our conversation was off the record, however I did manage to ask his opinion on how he is playing as of late:

AXG: You really attacked tonight...how did you feel?

RG: It's a whole new year man...it's my 4th year, and I think...I'm only getting older, so you know it's like 'what am I waiting for? You have to play every night like it's your last...

AXG: You're getting older, so you're getting better...

RG: Yeah, getting older getting better, and other things...getting older, getting worse.

AXG: Playing in Philly, you're an hour and a half from home and it showed tonight...

RG: [Laughs] All my peoples are out there...I'm about to go out there now, and go say what's up to them.

No comments: