26 November, 2010

Faith


"I'm super fly, I'm super high, you gettin' yours...I'm gettin' mine..."

Rick Ross - Super High

I haven't been myself lately...anyone that knows me...understands exactly what I mean, on paper I'm sure I look great...I'm a college graduate with job, and bright future. However I haven't been up to par...best way I can explain it...I'm starting to mirror a certain team in South Florida.

Goodfellas

I think Jay-Z said it best, when he stated..."it was all good just a week ago"...now things haven't spiraled to the point of no return, but if you check your twitter time line, or read the your ESPN app regularly, then you would think the Miami Heat had lost their glass slipper, and turned into a pumpkin at midnight.

Currently they are playing less than advertised with 15 games in the books (8 wins, 7 losses), however when a team like this is assembled in the free agency fashion it was...you need time for it to coagulate.

Every great team has a superstar or two (Lakers), and the Heat have that...what they lack is the experience of playing together, front court defense, and health. In these times of 24-hour instant access, I believe that the average, fly-by-night, bandwagon, fan doesn't have the patience to wait for DWade and company to fulfill the championship promises.

Miami is stuck in neutral, and with 67-games to go...things can change for the better...the Heat's biggest concern is not when they turn things around...it's the more established teams in the East, like Orlando, and Boston.

This is not the year LeBron makes good on his quest for the title...that day is still a little further down the road. Until that time comes, games like James' return to Cleveland will have to do for highlights, and headlines of this season.

Have faith everyone, Rome wasn't built in a day.




Photo: Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

No comments: