09 August, 2008

World Renowned

Kobe takes the global stage


But someday, somebody'll
stand up and talk about me
and write about me
black and beautiful
and sing about me
and put on plays about me!
I reckon it'll be
me myself
Yes it'll be me!

Langston Hughes


Kobe Bryant is the BEST basketball athlete in the world. Yes this is my biased opinion, however the opening ceremonies of these Olympic Games showed the admiration that China, the largest country on the planet has for him as well. 

It just goes to show you how a child from West Philadelphia, with determination, and dedication, can grow up to become the one person that every other basketball player is measured against. 

Agree or disagree, once play begins on Sunday morning...you can rest assured that Bryant and the men's senior national team are going to do their duty to not only reach the finale, but also win it all, bringing gold back to the United States for basketball, since the Sydney Games in 2000. 

Kobe is new to Olympic competition, however he is no stranger to winning. 

Let the games begin!





Photo: LA Times 

4 comments:

CathrynMarie said...

WOW - BEST in blue and all big, aye? Kobe? hmmmm *face screwed up* lol I respect that he has learned to be a team player recently but I stand behind feeling CP should be MVP and Im estatic KG, Ray, PP and my ninja Leon walked away w/ that ring & not Kobe.

I think may his personal life may have me a bit biased but there is no doubt that he is at the top of his game and he is most def respected at the Olympics.

Chris Cason said...

I never got why so many people say he learned to be a team player this year. If you go back to the years when Shaq was around, Kobe deferred alot of his game, when shaq left, we saw what we all knew about Kobe and that was, he was indeed the best anx most feared in the game.

I still don't understand how many people can make judgements about someone who we really don't know outside of what he has dedicated his livelyhood towards. Kobe may be more universally accepted globally than here in the states. No matted the argument, You are now watching a master at work.

Unknown said...

Well said Christopher, as I too believe that Kobe Bryant is the same as he ever was, just a little older, wiser, and better.

Unknown said...

However I am very biased!