15 December, 2008

Drive

Dedication

"Science they can't prove it...but I know I can do it..."

Robin Thicke - Magic

Ambition is something that cannot be purchased, inherited, learned, or taught. Either you have it or you don't. It is innate...there is no gray area, and when it comes to my craft in journalism, be it print, photo, or television, I truly believe that no one works harder than I. Yes there are people that are better, as far as talent, but the work I put into becoming the best I can be, is extraordinary.

The Tipping Point

I often refer to myself as The Most Known Unknown, and while that makes perfect sense to me, it is nothing short of a mystery to many others, so allow me if you will to explain. First and foremost it's the name of three 6 mafia's platinum album from 2005, which featured the track "Stay Fly". From there I adapted the name to apply towards my career in journalism, because the more successes I have, there is still more work to be done, so within the vicious cycle, there is always more that I can do. Aside from that, my work is well known, but there is a vast majority that have never seen it, or heard of me.

Don't get me wrong...I don't need recognition. I'm looking for an opportunity to grow into the writer inside. I watch ESPN, and BET, and I know that the skill set I possess, is something that would be a natural fit for national audience. When that day does come, I will continue to work hard, as the real work will begin when I get there. Until then, I eat properly, run my 2-miles, study and read, as well as practice my writing, and people skills.

There are 2 television shows (The 6 Million Dollar Man, and The Incredible Hulk) that I can vaguely remember watching as a child, and as I look back on them...they both will help you to understand how I'm wired. Just like the slogan for LEXUS, I have a relentless desire, but not for perfection...rather, I'm striving for ACHIEVEMENT.

Peace.

The Most Known Unknown

2 comments:

Chris Cason said...

More truthful words have never been spoken. With all you're doing, I'm surprised you aren't more recognized nationally for the hard work you put in.

Being involved within this profession for some years now and hoping to get to your acclaim, I have learned a great deal of patience and knowing that the harder you work, the more it's noticed.

I know one day, everyone will be seeing more of your work.

Unknown said...

Christopher thank you for showing your continued support and appreciation. And think how surprised I am, but that is why I work so hard.

Things will change for the better, for us all. Trust me on that, and as always keep up the good work.