31 January, 2009

Illumination

Victory
Heart
Success

"Let you know girl, you're looking good...your outta sight..."

Earth, Wind, & Fire

Serena Williams shrugged off a slow start at the beginning of the week to win the Australian Open in a swift fashion.

Two Can Win

Serena defeated Dinara Safina 6-0, 6-3 early this morning for her 10th Grand Slam title. The win also returned her to top world rank at number 1. 

Her older sister Venus lost early in the women's singles tournament, but proved victorious in the doubles, as the Williams sisters continued their dominance on women's tennis.

I love tennis, and even though I'm not any good at it, the game brings me joy, and with Serena playing at such an immaculate level, I can aspire through her court prowess.

Serena and Venus are tennis icons, and great examples of true professionals to us all, and on behalf of GAME TIME, I salute them both!


Photos: Ezra Shaw, Scott Barbour, Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

No comments: