04 February, 2009

Three Kings

Victorious

"Excellence is my presence, never tense, never hesitant..."

Notorious B.I.G. - Victory

The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII on Sunday, as they defeated the Arizona Cardinals 27-23.

Three of a Kind

The Steelers have had 16 Head Coaches in their illustrious history, as they also boast 6 Super Bowl titles...one more than any other team, making them the best of the best. Mike Tomlin the current coach not only became the 2nd black Head Coach to win a Super Bowl, he did it on the first day of Black History Month, making the feat even more special. He walks in the path that Chuck Noll blazed, as he won 4 Super Bowls, and Bill Cowher followed up with a win in Super Bowl XL. 

Tomlin, at age 36 became the youngest Head Coach to win the Super Bowl, and what makes this win better for me, is the fact that Mike Tomlin is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated, as am I, and his achievements have helped to not only inspire me, but also others worldwide.



Photo:  Gregory Shamus/Getty Images

2 comments:

CathrynMarie said...

I am not much of a football fan (hoop is my jawn) but I watch the Super Bowl every yr...This was by far one of the best games ever. I cant get all technical and explain in football terms on how good it was but mayne - it was an amazing game; an amazing and worth wild win indeed!

Unknown said...

Glad you could appreciate the Super Bowl victory. It was such a great game!