15 November, 2009

Double Nickel

Faith

"Allen Iverson...Hakeem Olajuwon...don't even bounce"

Asher Roth - I Love College

When Brandon Jennings was selected by Milwaukee this past summer, no one saw what was coming next...

Self Confidence

The 76ers played the Bucks in their home opener...I was busy covering the World Series...so I didn't attend the game, however my friend and colleague Michael Tillery was there and wrote a great piece for SLAM's website...entitled I Saw A Rookie of the Year Tonight. He texted me at during the 4th quarter telling me how amazing the rookie is, and while I hadn't seen him since the McDonald's game, I was intrigued, because now he's in the League, and apparently getting busier than a worker bee in July.

When Jennings went from high school to play professionally in Italy...I wasn't too sure how well he would do as a point guard. Needless to say its good to see that my opinion doesn't matter, and the work that this man had put into his game, and basketball IQ is now getting the last laugh.

Last night he scored 55 points in a 129-125 win over the visiting Warriors. Interestingly enough he didn't score in the 1st quarter, but he kept his composure en route to breaking Lew Alcindor's 39-year old Bucks rookie record by 4 points.

There is never a dull moment in NBA action...from this, to Dwyane Wade's dunk...things are heating up. This week I'll interview LeBron James, and Rudy Gay, so be sure to stay tuned...as the best is just ahead of us.



Photo: NBAE

4 comments:

Malc Hill said...

I had my doubts about Jennings decision too. But like you said, I'm glad he proved me wrong.

Chris Cason said...

I've always said there would never be a player that could mirror what Allen Iverson is, but Jennings reminds me too much of him, circa "96."

Romain P. said...

AG I'm so happy to see some love for Brandon Jennings. Milwaukee needs love too!

Michael Tillery said...

Can't stop won't stop fam. Thanks for the link shine. Lets get it!